Tuesday, November 29, 2022

I Heard the Bells

I Heard the Bells tells the story of one of our most beloved Christmas carols and its author. Known as America's Poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow leads an idyllic life...until the day his world is shattered by tragedy. With a nation divided by Civil War and his family torn apart, Henry puts down his pen, silenced by grief. But it's the sound of Christmas morning that reignites the poet's lost voice as he discovers the resounding hope of rekindled faith.

In theaters beginning December 1st, BUY TICKETS via Fathom Events. Take note that Group Tickets are also available! More dates and screenings have been added, but you should reserve your seats soon. Learn more at iheardthebellsmovie.com

 

MY REVIEW: My expectations were high and my hopes were met! I didn't realize until I was an adult that Longfellow was the author of one of my favorite nursery rhymes, but I do remember reading I Heard the Bells when I was 12 and falling in love with it. "I Heard the Bells" has also become one of my favorite Christmas songs. I have never been a fan of poetry, but Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is an exception.

On to the movie... "I Heard the Bells," directed by Joshua Enck, stars Stephen Aterholt, Jonathan Blair, and Rachel Day Hughes. This is the first theatrical release by Sight & Sound Productions. I loved the look of the film and the story stayed within the accuracy of things I have read about the Longfellow family and the history of the poem. There are tragic elements to the story that are more heartbreaking knowing they are true, but the ultimate takeaway is that this is an inspirational film of a family's love, redemption, and a man's faith rekindled. I definitely recommend it!

GIVEAWAY: One $10 Amazon gift card to a U.S. winners. Deadline is 12/09/22.

DISCLOSURE: Many thanks to Sight & Sound Films for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own.

 

 

3 comments:

Evie said...

Hi. Do I enter the contest by leaving a comment? If yes, I would like to see this family friendly film with a great seasonal message! Thank you.

JR said...

I like that it is a faith inspired period movie for the whole family. Thanks for the chance!!

Jessica Beard said...

I would absolutely love to take my family to this wonderful, faith-filled movie! I loved the preview!