Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Battle of the Whoppers



🎃 HALLOWEEN BATTLE 👸

My last 2 trick-or-treaters were a preschool-aged boy & girl, and the girl reminded me of Audrey at that age. VERY Verbal! 😂 She and I immediately discussed why she could not hold the bowl of candy (my phone was in it). I guess she decided one capitulation was enough.

They were late enough that it seemed safe to assume no one else would come, so I
gave each child extra candy. My mistake was giving her brother 2 "Whoppers" and she did not get one like that. She wanted one. I had no more.

Nothing else I offered her was acceptable. "That's not what he got." I was trying to bargain with the boy--- who never said a word to me at all--- as the girl kept reminding me she really wanted one. When offered more candy, she accepted... but immediately reminded me that she wanted what "he" got, too!

FINALLY, the dad got one out of the boy's bag to give her; I gave him something else as compensation. He just continued to stare at me through it all. But, everyone seemed satisfied with what they had and I had a good laugh after the skilled mini-negotiator left happy with her Whoppers.


No comments: