Wednesday, November 18, 2020

CSB Holy Land Illustrated Bible

 

Visit the Holy Lands without Ever Leaving Home! The CSB Holy Land Illustrated Bible is a visually immersive Bible reading experience featuring over 1,200 images, maps, and illustrations to provide greater insight and understanding of the people, places, and events of scripture. Book-specific introductions provide the setting and circumstances of writing for each book, and every image includes a descriptive caption to help better understand what is pictured.

Features include:

  • 1,200+ images, maps, and illustrations
  • 275 full-length commentary articles
  • 40+ “Digging Deeper” call-outs

 


 

 

MY REVIEW: Are you a serious student of the Bible, looking for details and descriptions that aren't found in your average Bible? Then, the CSB Holy Land Illustrated Bible (Holman Bible Publishers) is the Bible you need! Not only is there the entirety of holy scripture, but there are numerous articles, photos, and maps to provide a depth of enlightenment and understanding of what was happening, where, and who was involved. Dedicated scholars have poured their knowledge into a single volume that is a treasure trove of information. Check out the Table of Contents here

 

And, you can't forget the maps! They have fascinated me since my first Bible I received as a 6 year old, and I am happy to see them in this Bible. There is also an extensive concordance to aid you in searching for specific scripture. Naturally, the introduction to each book is a major asset in discovering the author, audience, time frame, and any other relevant info.

There are a few downsides, though. The book is literally heavy. Weighing in at nearly 4 pounds, I cannot carry it in one hand without fear of dropping it. The print is readable, but I would have preferred it to be just a bit larger. And there are no margins for notes that I like to make when studying. However... those additions would make this Bible even heavier. Keep in mind, I am older, so I am speaking only of my personal preferences. The info and photos outweigh the cons. Plus, I love how the CBS Holy Land Illustrated Bible lies flat while open. That makes it easier to read and to write notes in a notebook, or my computer, without worrying over losing my place. I definitely recommend this Bible!

GIVEAWAY: Lifeway Christian Resources and LEV3L Digital will send 1 hardcover CSB (Christian Standard Bible) Holy Land Illustration Bible ($49.99 retail value) to one reader of my blog. The rules are
  • 2020 was a difficult year for many. Tell me one thing you are most thankful for this year?
  • Use #HolyLandBibleL3 in your response. 
Contest ends on Thanksgiving Day (Nov 26, 2020) and the winner will be announced on Nov, 27, 2020.

Much gratitude to Lifeway Christian Resources and Lev3l Digital for supplying my review copy and the winner's copy at no cost to me.

3 comments:

Kristy Harper said...

I'm thankful I have still been able to work while so many have been out of work. Also my kids are healthy!
#HolyLandBibleL3

Deb Brown said...

I am thankful for God's blessings of my husband, children, grandchildren, & parents. In spite of hardships, God provides.
#HolyLandBibleL3

Nancy Hill said...

I'm thankful for my family, friends and our health. Most of all I'm thankful that no matter how difficult this year has been God never leaves us in the hard times. #HolyLandBibleL3