Saturday, January 21, 2017

Life in Season - Vanessa Hunt/Heather Patterson

‘Life in Season: Celebrating the Moments That Fill Your Heart and Home’ by Heather Patterson and Vanessa Hunt. Heather and Vanessa are sisters who created At the Picket Fence, a website dedicated to providing a place where women can share, care, and inspire one another.

It's a nice "coffee table" book or gift for a friend. The outside cover is beautiful and it is filled with beauty inside also. The book is divided into the four seasons and is filled with stories to fit each, along with recipes and crafts. I enjoyed reading the stories. Using personal anecdotes, and Scripture, they each contained a message that was inspirational and educational---in a fun way. I loved the lessons to be learned from them.

The recipes included looked like they were probably doable. I do not enjoy cooking, so there were none that tempted me. But, I have friends who love cooking and would love making these special treats to share with family and friends. There are also several craft projects that look adorable. My craftiness is solidly in the pre-schooler's art project class, so none of them are for my limited skills. But, I am not the potential market for this book, so I can't speak for how easy they are.

If you or a friend love crafting, cooking, and stories that inspire and are completely relatable and relational, I recommend this book.

I did receive a copy of this book at no cost to myself from Icon Media Group. 

No comments: