Friday, October 30, 2020

November Battleground

The one truth I see from the Biden-Harris campaign is their slogan: Battle for the Soul of the Nation.

It truly is. I shudder with revulsion at the thought of them winning, but I will Trust GOD no matter what. If you're a believer, pray for clarity & wisdom before voting. Our purpose is not selecting a political party to lead, but to lead more people to Christ.

It's not about whether or not you personally like a candidate. I am astonished when people go to extremes in their own views of a candidate or what they perceive others to believe. Obviously, I am voting for Donald Trump. I have gone from not liking him at all to a certain degree of admiration. He does have an abrasive personality and can react childishly at times, but I have also seen other sides to him that closed minds refuse to see. He is certainly not my savior, nor would I consider worshiping him. I love my country, but it's not my idol. While I am likely to vote Republican, I truly miss the days when I chose a person based on experience and character. The Democratic Party (not all Democrats) follows a platform I cannot support.

I do see America in a spiritual battle that will steer the course of our nation. I must vote for Biblical principles because I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I don't find the Bible to be as ambiguous as some claim, and I do pray for wisdom and clarity when I do have doubts. We must keep in my mind that not all Americans revere or even believe in the God of the Bible, so I don't expect them to have a Biblical world view. But, if you claim Judeo-Christian values and views, why would you not seek to honor God with your choices?

No matter who wins this next election or which side has the most seats in Senate & the House of Representatives, that is only part of the battle. We truly are in a battle for the souls of our nation... and the world. We are obviously moving away from God and even faithful believers are letting anger and hatred rule their actions and reactions. It is time to arm ourselves for a spiritual battle using God's plan.


"Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes." - Ephesians 6:11


The Armor of God

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.


 

No comments: