Sunday, October 4, 2020

The Order of Rights

The Order of Rights is a pro-life film. The story centers around Emma Stein, a pregnant single girl who has been advised by her mother to have an abortion. Despite the objection of the child’s father, Ethan Carpenter, and his promise to help her, she decides to go ahead with the procedure. When Ethan and his family file a lawsuit on behalf of the child’s right to life, the drama escalates as Emma’s mother, Kerri, contacts a friend in the Associated Press. Before long, the case is mired in media frenzy. The court has to decide whether the child in Emma’s womb is a person or not, and if so, if it is endowed with the unalienable rights as enumerated in the Declaration of Independence. The title, “Order of Rights” refers to the order in which the categories of rights are deliberately listed in the document: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness. (website)



My Review: The film started a bit slow, but built to a compelling story that kept my attention. Both sides were presented, and no graphic images were used that could be upsetting to viewers. Not ALL aspects & arguments of either side of the issue were presented, yet this makes "The Order of Rights" perfect as a door opener to conversation. I am a huge fan of films that make me think and this is a movie I can add to that list.


I only rented the film to view but this is definitely going to be a movie I will purchase on DVD for my personal library, and most likely another copy for my church library. I highly recommend it to all, no matter what your personal view is because we need to start listening to each other instead of having closed minds. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Congratulations to the cast and crew!

See The Order of Rights on Video on Demand


SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
Website
IMDb
YouTube
 

Order of Rights petition

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.