Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sleeping Under The Stars ~ August 14, 2010

The Perseid Meteor Showers are making their annual appearance. It has been years since I lived in an area where I could actually see anything, but I always try. Watching a starry night fascinates me almost as much as a thunderstorm. They both remind me of the magnificence and omnipotence of God.

Thursday night was supposed to be the best viewing night, but there was simply too much cloud cover. However, I did enjoy just sitting outside and communing with God. Last night, I made the decision that I would sit outside again. I had not had a very good day, and just really needed to pour out my heart to the One who loves me and understands.

After about 20 minutes, Caitlyn wandered out to see if I had seen a meteorite yet. I told her no, but that I was going to get a blanket and just lay outside for a while. Caitlyn decided to join me, and as we lay on the blanket talking, it began to get a bit chilly. I volunteered to go in for another blanket. When I returned, she excitedly exclaimed that she had seen 2 streak by!! I really am happy for her. 😄🌟

We continued lying there, gazing at the skies and talking both of serious matters and total nonsense. The next thing I knew, I was waking up...and it was 4:30am. I may not have seen a meteorite, but I did add a treasured memory of time spent with my precious granddaughter. God is sooo good!!!

"He made all the stars--the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the southern sky". ~ Job 9:9
(
New Living Translation ©2007)



No comments: