Friday, June 3, 2016

Phil Wickham - Children of God CD

CHILDREN OF GOD by Phil Wickham has a few musical twists and turns, but with songs that are sure to please his fans. This is the first he has recorded since undergoing surgery to remove a vocal polyp in 2014. He has a new sound and a revitalized energy in praising God and music from this CD is eagerly anticipated by fans planning to attend a concert. Wickham is currently on tour, including many stops with "Chris Tomlin's Night of Worship in America," and a few other dates with a variety of artists. 
 

My Review: I have been enjoying the CD. Not every song is my style or grabs my attention, but, there are also none that have me reaching for the volume control. It starts out with my favorite on the whole CD, "Doxology/Amen" but there are many others. I tend to be more of a ballad style, so some of the more upbeat distracts me from worship-mode. Those are a little too over-produced for my personal taste, but that's okay. The CD provides a bit for all. Others that I really love on the CD are "The Secret Place" (featuring Madison Cunningham), "My All in All," "As It Is In Heaven," "Spirit of God," and my next-favorite, "Starmaker." But, as I said, none are bad. I give it a 4.25 stars. 

BUY LINKS:
1. iTunes
2. Amazon
 
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this CD from FlyBy Promotions for the purpose of writing a review. 



No comments: