Friday, October 4, 2024

White Bird

WHITE BIRD is now in theaters! The next chapter from the world of Wonder, which sparked a movement to "choose kind." After being expelled from school due to his treatment of Auggie Pullman, Julian (Bryce Gheisar is visited by his grandmother (Helen Mirren). After she shares the story of her childhood attempts to escape Nazi-occupied France, Julian is transformed by the tales of heroic and compassionate neighbors in the midst of unfathomable cruelty of others. Directed by Marc Forster, WHITE BIRD reminds us to be brave and choose kind.

Buy tickets today to see White Bird in theaters! BUY TICKETS

See the trailer:



MY REVIEW: This film brings a poignant reminder of how there are still kind and compassionate people willing to risk their lives for others. On the flip side, we're also reminded of the cruelty of people who become inflamed by hatred based on bigotry. Do you need to have seen "Wonder" to follow the story? No.

I believe this is the first film I have watched about Nazi-occupied France, so it was a slightly different angle for me. The story kept my interest and is suitable for kids as young as 12, in my opinion. There are violent scenes, but nothing too graphic. Not only is it a conversation starter about world history, but a teaching moment about choosing to be kind despite the chaos and short tempers of people around you (and online). I do recommend seeing this film while it's in theaters.

Website: Whitebird.movie

Giveaway: $10 Amazon gift card
(US winners only.) Please submit your full name and email address by 10/14 via comment or message.

Disclosure: Many thanks to Kingdom Faith Marketing Services for providing a sample of the product for this review. Opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

bellagirl07 said...

I so want to see this movie with my family it really sounds moving. I like that this film is faith based that is so important to me. I can't find you email address on your blog but I will provide my last name to you via email if I am the winner for privacy reasons. heather hgtempaddy@hotmail.com
God Bless