Wednesday, September 27, 2023

The Blind

 The Blind is a powerful true story that showcases God’s redemptive power to change our lives when we surrender to Him! Long before Phil Robertson was a reality TV star, he fell in love, started a family, and began to spiral out of control. THE BLIND shares never-before-revealed moments in Phil’s life as he seeks to conquer the shame of his past, ultimately finding redemption in an unlikely place.

Experience the incredible story of Duck Dynasty's Phil and Kay Robertson in theaters Sept. 28th! Get your tickets now!


My Review: Phil and "Miss Kay" Robertson and their family shot to international fame in 2012 with their reality tv show, Duck Dynasty. T
hey are known, of course, for their duck calls and love of hunting, but also for their deep and abiding Christian faith.

"The Blind" takes us back to the "before-they-were-famous" years with a glimpse at Phil's childhood, meeting Kay as a teenager, and his time playing quarterback for the Louisiana Tech University football team. However, the film's main focus is the tumultuous years of his and Kay's marriage with little money, young sons, and Phil's growing erratic behavior due to alcohol.

Then Phil turned his life around when he committed his life to Jesus Christ. His marriage and family were restored to him and his love of hunting led to his invention of an improved duck call. The rest is history.

I enjoyed the film. Although I was never on the Duck Dynasty bandwagon, I did know about the show and read/seen articles and interviews with various family members. I frequently listen to Phil's Unashamed podcast so I am more familiar with the family's faith than with their business ventures. My only complaint was with some of the accents, and even they weren't bad all the time. The actors playing Uncle Si (shown at various ages) were great at capturing his quirkiness and provided the comic relief. I recommend you get out this weekend to see the film in theaters. There are 2 options for groups: buy group tickets or arrange to have the movie shown at your church. Links are provided below.


Giveaway: $10 Amazon gift card! Deadline to Enter is October 6, 2023. Comment (or Message on social media) with your Full Name, Email, and #TheBlindMIN
(Note: This is limited to US winners only.)

Disclosure: Many thanks to Tread Lively for providing a sample of the product for this review.
Opinions are 100% my own.

LINKS
TheBlindMovie.com

Tickets

Bring To My Church 

 

8 comments:

Jessica Beard said...

#TheBlindMIN I'm excited to see this movie! Jessica Beard jjbeard25@gmail.com

aperry said...

I am excited because we all have a past.
missanneperry@gmail dot com Anne Perry #TheBlindMIN

bellagirl07 said...

I posted a comment but I am not seeing it so I am posting it again. I so loved the Duck Dynasty tv show and I so have to see this movie it looks amazing.
heather hgtempaddy

Shelly Peterson said...

#TheBlindMIN I would love to see this.
Shelly Peterson
cshell090869@aol.com

Hannah Schaitel said...

Thank you so much! #TheBlindMIN
Hannah Schaitel
schaitelh@gmail.com

Diane Estrella said...

#TheBlindMIN I'm excited to see this movie! thank you for hosting the giveaway.

diane
dianemestrella at gmail dot com

hamjenny said...

#TheBlindMIN Looks good I am looking forward to this one.. Thanks for sharing.
hamjenny66@gmail.com

Linda said...

#TheBlindMIN

I have seen the show before and I am interested in their story!

cbythesea5 at gmail dot com