Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Celebrating Sin

Celebrating and encouraging sin as a means of leading people to Christ has become the new norm. The important thing is to further your own agenda! Do not worry about the broken lives & people hurt; There's plenty of time to tell them about God's Word later.

Of course, impressionable children are being given a wrong message... but God is cool with leading children astray. Right? Not as long as it's used as a lesson in God's forgiveness and His offer of 2nd chances. You don't want them learning right from wrong and that sin has consequences. Nor does it matter than their upbringing is being placed in the hands of someone I would not trust to raise a cat. Or one who has proven she has no sense of loyalty.

The important thing is that you get what you want, you get to look like a person nurturing others (while ignoring that you are telling people lies about their sin and encouraging them to continue), and condemning people who disagree with your favorite "holier-than-thou" judgmental attitude.

It's really funny that you are so shocked I am opposed. The people I have confided in (so they can be praying for the children) are shocked and dismayed and absolutely stunned that you are not only complicit, but excited. They honestly believe your priority is the children. But your priority has always been yourself. This is simply the quickest way to get your house back to yourself. While I do understand, I could never risk the children's well-being. and, as much as I dislike the  behavior of the "adults" in the situation, encouraging immorality is just plain wrong. I feel sorry for the husband/best friend who was betrayed, but also for unbelievers whom you are encouraging to go against the word of God. I confess, I am still puzzled over your belief that this is a form of evangelism... but perhaps you do know, deep inside, that you are causing people to feel good about doing the wrong thing. Even more to the point, there are emotionally vulnerable people who have each lost a spouse... one through death, one through a recent divorce. Who in their right mind would be encouraging them to begin a new relationship... especially when their are young children involved? People have been popping in and out of their lives at an alarming rate and with some very poor examples being displayed. 

I pray that everyone seeks and finds God... and establishes a relationship with Him but I can not celebrate that which is wrong on so many levels. Even if there were no kids involved, this would be shameful. I do hate my own attitude is one of bitterness, but I am also very ashamed of you. You are narcissistic and delight in making those who disagree with you feel bad and unworthy.

(Obviously, this is something personal and meant for a particular person. I may regret things I have written... but I had to vent.)

No comments: