Thursday, April 20, 2017

Champion

In the supercharged world of dirt track racing, a single mistake causes the lives of two men to change forever. One must fight for his family, the other must fight to forgive.

Dirt track racer Sean Weathers was at the top of his game...an unstoppable career, scores of fans, and an adoring daughter. When a rivalry with another racer turns personal, the ego that propelled him to success causes a tragedy, sending his life into a tailspin.

Jack Reed was attempting to make up for past mistakes. He had prospered as a businessman but failed as a family man. In a sudden turn of events, his chances for reconciliation are ripped from his grasp.
Sean and Jack's lives collide, and an unexpected bond forms between them. Working through a painful journey of healing together, they each learn about second chances and the true freedom only forgiveness can offer. 
(from the website)

Champion will be opening in select theaters May 19th. You have a great opportunity to plan ahead and take your group, organization, or community by bringing Champion to your local theater. Perhaps your church or school could buy out a show time to see as a group or as part of an outreach. Get information on how to do this at moviegrouptickets.com/champion.




My Review: I must confess that I was very pleasantly surprised at just how much I enjoyed this movie. I agreed to watch it in advance since many family members love racing and I thought it may be a movie several of them would enjoy. Fantastic performances by the actors! Andrew Cheney (Beyond the Mask) as Sean Weathers and Gary Graham (Renegades, Star Trek: Enterprise) as Jack Reed are amazing in their roles of two flawed men who have made mistakes, but need each other as they each deal with grief and guilt. Faith Renee Kennedy is phenomenal is her role as Gracie and I expect to see much more of her. Who doesn't love Robert Amaya? This is not one of his more comical roles, but his trademark humor is a part of the film. Cameron ArnettIsaiah StrattonPortia Cue....and, honestly, all of the actors were wonderful. This is the first film that Judd Brannon has directed, and he did very well. Writers Missy Reedy and Sarah Inabnit put together a fascinating film that centered on forgiveness, but used fatherhood, friendship, and foster care as elements in a richly developed story.

There were a few moments where things seemed a bit rushed or I would think, "But what about....?" as I watched, but it kept my attention and I don't remember rolling my eyes or deeply sighing in frustration either. Those are good signs for me. By all means, bring this film to your nearest theater if it is not scheduled already. It has a powerful message in an interesting story and there are several aspects that will lead to a good discussion. I definitely recommend Champion!


LINKS:


ChampionTheMovie.com


Champion the movie on Facebook


Follow @ChampionMovie on Twitter


Follow championthemovie on Instagram


Champion on IMDb


THANK YOU to Icon Media Group for giving me the opportunity to review CHAMPION. An honest review was all required and all opinions in this review are my own.

No comments: