Monday, November 15, 2010

IT ALL STARTS WITH THE SCRIPT : Beyond the Farthest Star | The upcoming movie from Pathlight Entertainment

IT ALL STARTS WITH THE SCRIPT : Beyond the Farthest Star | The upcoming movie from Pathlight Entertainment

If you aren't as active on the Facebook site as I am, you may not realize there are so many different things you can explore to learn more about this amazing movie. The more I learn about the film, the more fascinated I become. I am sure that anyone who reads this finds that to be an understatement.

I first noticed the movie when I saw that a friend of mine had become a fan. Both out of curiosity of what type films this new friend liked and the title of it made me want to check it out for myself. I have always loved to stargaze, and think about what lies beyond the stars myself, so I HAD to know their thoughts.

Here is the plot as copied from the Facebook page:
'A twist of fate brings the national spotlight to a forgotten Texas town and a once famous preacher has an opportunity to regain his former glory or seize one last chance to restore his fractured family. Narrated by his fifteen-year-old daughter, we watch as Adam Wells, a minister driven by the prospect of achieving greatness as the next nationally-syndicated TV Evangelist lays down his opportunity at “celebrity” and even his own life in order to become something even greater... A loving husband and father to his wife and daughter.'

Fame vs Family was a topic I found intriguing, especially since I find it so troubling that too many do put their jobs and celebrity ahead of their family. There was also the twist of it involving a minister, and I wanted to know how this would be handled. Then, I discovered that it would also involve a controversy about the burning of a Nativity!! I love reading fiction books that involve legal issues...especially if it is a matter of separation of church and state. Once again, the writer, Andrew Librizzi, was touching on an issue I find absolutely fascinating. We also know now that part of the problem this fictional family is having involves their troubled teenaged daughter. Having been a teen, raising 3 children who tried my patience during their own teen years, and now having grandchildren who are teens, I know what turbulent years these can be. Teen depression is an issue I feel is ignored within the Christian community, so I can hardly wait to see this addressed and the methods they will use to reach out to those needing help and hope.

Between the clips and photos I have seen of the work of writer/director Andrew Librizzi; actors Renee O'Connor, Todd Terry, Cherami Leigh, Barry Corbin, Shawn Roe, and many other very talented men and women; the haunting melodies of Damon Criswell, and the enthusiastic video blogs of producer/actor Benjamin Dane, I have reminded many that "fan" is derivative of "fanatic"!! :)
But, I truly believe that once you fully investigate this fan-driven faith-based family film for yourself, you will want to become a fan yourself!! Just don't forget to sign up to Bring It to your local cinema.

1 comment:

BenjaminDane said...

What a wonderful blog involving our film Cindy. I thank God for you and your support as we are in the process of editing this incredible film. Soon the world will experience the story, characters and inspiration. I have to say, it is a film that is unique and intriguing. There is nothing like it to date. I hope more people get as excited about it as you are and we will have an incredible journey together as we hit the cinemas in 2011!