Friday, March 10, 2017

How's Your Soul? - Judah Smith

How's Your Soul? by Judah Smith, is about looking past outward appearances and exploring the essential inner essence of where we find our true selves. Are you experiencing inner turmoil as you struggle to find the peace and joy that comes from your relationship with fully trusting and resting in the presence of God?

Judah, pastor of The City Church in Seattle, wants the reader to move beyond simply surviving each day to a concentrated effort to live each day with significance that has an eternal impact. In his typical manner of laid-back and humorous anecdotes, he also brings out points that strike the heart of the matter. There are stories that caused me to laugh, and others that have stayed with me and caused me to question myself and my attitude...and to discussions with friends for their input. 


Interview with Today Show's Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb:
  Pastor Judah Smith-How's Your Soul?


His sense of humor and way of telling a story made this an enjoyable book to read, but there were also times when I found myself skimming more than reading. However, there were points made that I keep going back to over and over in my own soul-searching. I actually have the book set aside to read again soon since there were a few areas where a nerve was struck that I was not quite ready to deal with at the time I was reading it. This is a book that is certainly worth reading and it may give the reader a fresh perspective. 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from BookLook Bloggers. All opinions are my own. 


No comments: