Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Notes From A Blue Bike by Tsh Oxenreider

It doesn’t always feel like it, but we do have the freedom to creatively change the everyday little things in our lives so that our path better aligns with our values and passions.
The popular blogger and founder of the internationally recognized Simple Mom online community tells the story of her family’s ongoing quest to live more simply, fully, and intentionally. (publisher description)

My Review: Notes From A Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a Chaotic World by Tsh Oxenreider is described as part memoir, part travelogue, and part practical guide. That does seem to sum it up fairly well. Oxenreider does chronicle the various places she has visited and adventures there, although I am not quite clear why she was in most of them. There are also long discussions on what decisions were made and why they were made about schooling, televisions, and numerous other daily activities. To be fair, she definitely does have a talent for writing and expressing herself. Her style reminds me somewhat of Ann Voskamp. And, I was very impressed with the way the book was divided into organized sections. Great clarity of thought went into what belongs in each section.

But, I must confess, her idea of a simple life is vastly different than my own. While I am certainly in favor of world travel and broadening one's cultural activities, she did come across as a tad condescending at times.I am happy for her that she is able to live her life the way she wants to, but that is not a lifestyle many are able to live. There are some great ideas, but not all are realistic for many of the people I know. It is a great book for some people, but just not for me.

Thank you to Shelton Interactive for the opportunity to read and review this book. They provided a copy to me at no charge. I was not required to write a positive review.

They have also offered a copy to one of my readers. If you would like the opportunity to win a copy of your own, please leave a comment on the blog before 11pm (CDT) July 24, 2014.


Notes From a Blue Bike website 
Tsh Oxcenreider 
The Art of Simple blogspot 

No comments: