Sunday, May 26, 2013

7 Steps To Knowing and Doing the Will of God

More teenagers than ever before seem to be spinning their wheels a long time before gaining any traction in life. Based on the world-renowned Experiencing God teachings of Henry Blackaby, Seven Steps to Knowing and Doing the Will of God for Teens provides students with relevant spiritual direction as they move toward adulthood.

Throughout, authors Tom, Mike, and Daniel Blackaby (Henry Blackaby's son and grandsons) utilize fun formatting with cartoon illustrations (Cory Jones), jokes, real-life stories, and graphically engaging treatments to bring strong focus to a message teenagers need in their often random settings.


 I received this book from Shelton Interactive at no charge to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. 
  
Although I am well past my teen years, I enjoyed reading this book myself. The stories, both Biblical and personal anecdotes, are written in a manner that is both easy to grasp and very relatable to others. I also loved the cartoons and bits of pop culture included. The 7 Steps:
  1. God is always at work around you
  2. God pursues a love relationship with you 
  3. God invites you to become involved with Him in His work
  4. God speaks by the Holy Spirit
  5. God's invitation leads to a crisis of belief
  6. Adjustments
  7. You come to know God by experience as you obey Him and He accomplishes His work through you
 By giving examples and asking questions, each step is explained---not in a formulaic pattern, but as a process for the reader to have a deeper relationship with God. I have teenaged grandchildren, and this is a book I think each of them needs to read...and one I believe they will enjoy reading. Very well done!

No comments: