Friday, March 8, 2013

March 8, 1964

Today is my "Re-Birthday"!! It has been on my mind quite a bit this week, and today I have put a lot of thought into that moment. I was 8 years old and at a Children's Rally in Goose Creek, South Carolina. Since I had been in church most of my life---I attended my first Vacation Bible School when I was barely 3 weeks old!...I don't remember ever NOT believing in God and knowing that Jesus died for my sins. However, when the pastor asked all of those who wanted to pray to ask Jesus into their hearts that night, my hand quickly went up!! I still remember someone praying with me and giving me a little Bible for me to write my name and the date in so I would never forget. I could hardly wait to get home to share my good news with my parents.

I may have strayed a few times over the years, but I have always returned to the love and trust I felt for Jesus as a child. This was certainly the best decision I ever made.



T

No comments: