Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Daniel Fast by Susan Gregory

What if you could grow closer to God and improve your health in just 21 days? Susan Gregory, “The Daniel Fast Blogger,” has a plan to help you do just that. Widely recognized as the expert on this 21-day fast inspired by the book of Daniel, Susan has helped thousands of people discover a safe and healthy way to fast. The principles you learn from The Daniel Fast will change the way you view food, your body, and your relationship with the one who created you. Includes 21 days’ worth of Daniel Fast recipes! Visit www.daniel-fast.com   (from the publisher)

In just a few more days a new year will be upon us, and this is the time people make resolutions and try to break old habits or start new ones. Many churches and individuals also choose this time of year to have a time of fasting and spiritual renewal, and The Daniel Fast is probably the most widely used. So, I was very interested in reading this book and finding out more about it. First off, here is a short video from author Susan Gregory explaining more about the purpose of this particular fast:




I liked this book and found it to be very useful in explaining the reasons for choosing this type of fast, and what makes it different than simply changing your diet. Instead of just a focus on what foods you are giving up, there is a more indepth look at the cleansing of body, soul, and spirit. I especially like the deepening relationship with God being the most important. Also, she has included several interesting recipes. I am not a cook, but they did give me a few ideas about foods that can be eaten. It's really more versatile than one might expect. There is also a menu plan for those who like to have more structure to follow. The book concludes with a 21 day devotional guide to use during your quiet time with God. This is definitely a book you want to have if you are considering The Daniel Fast for yourself.

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own, and I was not required to give a good review.

4 comments:

Brittany Highland said...

(I am making a mess of your comment section as I try to figure out what I'm doing!) Cindy, you are a voracious reader! Your reviews are so detailed and carefully thought-out. So appreciated! Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Cindy Navarro said...

I fixed your mess, Brit. :)
(actually, I just figured out how to do that 2 days ago. lol)

Thanks for your comment. Before I meandered into the world of Facebook, I used to do a lot more reading. I do still love to read, though. I just don't have access to the large library that was once at my disposal. That is why I LOVE these reviewer's programs!!

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this article post.Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this information. You have given my brain a real workout and I am grateful. I love intelligent content that is so well written. Good job.