Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Seraph Seal

Set in the year 2048, The Seraph Seal, co-authored by Leonard Sweet and Lori Wagner, is a fictionalized account of a cultural history professor's discovery of a second century Diatessaron manuscript. Filled with symbolism from past Jewish and Christian traditions and a few ideas pulled in from other cultures, the search is on to decide the fate of humanity. There is even a huge appendix filled with the notes of the fictional Paul Binder for those wanting to read the various clues.

I must admit, I did not like this book. None of the characters really grabbed my attention and too many popped in and out to the point I would lose track of their story. I normally remember details, but I wasn't even retaining any memory at all of some of the people. Also, some of the things that the main characters seemed to find ancient are most likely to still be around in 2048. A couple of references made to things in the past were wrong, and I really felt a cultural professor would know the details better. I kept thinking that I would eventually get engaged in the story and it just did not happen. I disliked the way it ended too.  It is an interesting concept, though.

BookSneeze®  provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for me to read for this review.




No comments: