Thursday, June 9, 2016

Chasing Grace DVD

Chasing Grace, starring Michael Joiner (‘The Grace Card’), David Temple ('The Last Passport'), Rusty Martin (‘Courageous’) and Ashlee Payne (‘Red Dirt Rising’), tells a story of two brothers who are opposites in many ways, yet have an undeniable bond. When an unthinkable accident occurs, blame and unforgiveness tears the brothers apart and impacts the lives of family and friends. Slowly, as more secrets are uncovered, the truth emerges, but not without a lot of pain and consequences as each person deals with the loss of Grace. share a close bond, despite the different paths they have taken, until an unimaginable event takes place. As the story unravels, buried lies--- and truth are both discovered. Chasing Grace is loosely based upon true events and is an adaptation of writer/director David Temple's novel Discovering Grace. This powerful story about the redeeming power of forgiveness also stars Billy Dec, Leon Pridgen, Mitzi Corrigan, Vanessa Ore, and Abigail Rose Cornell as Grace. It is produced by Catalyst Pictures, LLC and distributed by Word Films.


My Review: This is another I am a bit on the fence about. I liked it, but I didn't love it. Great message, but it was a little slow in getting to the purpose of the film and I sometimes got confused during the telling of the story. Layers of the story were revealed throughout the film, but some never did make complete sense to me. Of course, part of my experience was simply a personal inability to comprehend why anyone would act or react to a situation the way they did. I needed more indepth into characters than what was provided; there was some black, white, and a few shades of gray, but not enough color to characters for many to feel a connection. The acting, music, and cinematography were all good, but my mind did tend to wander. It's more of a 3.75 for me, but I will round up and give it 4 stars.
 

Disclosure: I received this DVD compliments of Word Films and Edify Media Inc for my honest review. 

Chasing Grace website


No comments: