Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Peter Lamas and Project Beautiful

Peter Lamas
Peter Lamas and the Project Beautiful team recently asked me to take a look at their project and to try out some of the Peter Lamas products for myself. Using the Scripture Genesis 1:31- "And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good" as inspiration, Project Beautiful was created to help women realize that real beauty is found both outside and inside. Peter was quoted as saying, "You are beautiful and unique. God does not make any mistakes, and He made you special. There is only one you."

Project Beautiful is meant to be a place where people of all nations, socio-economic levels, ethnic backgrounds and ages can gather together, via the internet, to share their dreams, hopes, experiences, and encouragement with one another. Project Beautiful is a community where you are inspired and encouraged to explore and to reach your dreams. Part of having the confidence to pursue your dream is how you feel about yourself. Using products and services that bring out your best features for your outward appearance does create an aura of confidence, but nothing compares to creating inward beauty that gives people the assurance that each of us are truly wonderfully made. When you look and feel your best, you feel more capable of being the person God created you to be.

Another area Peter Lamas feels very strongly about is the ingredients to be found in many beauty products and the harmful consequences that can come from using such harsh products. After researching and coming up with herbs, vitamins, and botanicals that will nurture rather than harm the person using them, he has created a line of products that fits his high standard of acceptability. Peter Lamas Products are vegan and free of Parabens, Propylene Glycol, Dyes, Sodium Lauryl and Laureth Sulphates, DEA, TEA and Petrochemicals. Peter Lamas Products are also never tested on animals. Watch the interview below as he discusses the connection between cancer and beauty products:



 

As I mentioned earlier, I was given the chance to test a few Peter Lamas Products myself.

1. Sheer Zinc Moisturizer Broad Spectrum spf 30

I really liked this sunscreen/moisturizer. It did not feel too oily or heavy on my face, yet provided the protection I needed when I was outside.

2. Exfoliating Pumpkin Spice Scrub

Loved it! It gently washed my face, leaving it feeling clean, fresh, and soft.

3. Soy-Baobab Oil Hydrating Shampoo 

The first thing I noticed was how great the shampoo smelled. It wasn't overwhelming, but still a delightful scent. My hair has always been a bit on the oily side, and this product was meant for dry and damaged hair. But, my hair has looked good for a longer time since I have began using this. 

4. Soy-Balboa Oil Hydrating Conditioner

I liked this product too. I do have very fine, limp hair, so I am interested in trying the conditioner that is meant for my hair type, but I am pleased with how soft my hair feels and it did make it easier to come through tangles later. As with the shampoo, it smells really good.

5. "Truth About Sun Exposure" book

This book was also included for me to read. I have never been one of those who wants to lie out in the sun, but I admit that I do not take the measures I should when I am going to be outside. It's a small book, but packed with a lot of information. It will definitely make you think twice about protecting your skin.

  
Peter Lamas was born in Cuba, but has lived in the US since 1961. After discovering he had an eye for hairstyles and make-up, he earned a degree in Cosmetology. His talent enabled him to train and work with some of the top beauty experts and photographers in the nation and his clients have included Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Sharon Stone, Diana Ross, Cindy Crawford and Kate Winslet. Project Beautiful was born from  his desire to make all women feel beautiful inside and out, and to have the products he has developed that will not harm them. 

No comments: