Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Live Second Post #2: Love Defined

Live Second: 365 Ways To Make Jesus First by Doug Bender contains 365 daily readings and prayers meant to inspire people to consider what life might look like if Jesus were First. I am one of many bloggers who loved the I am Second book and was invited to participate in the launch of this one. This is my 2nd post from Session 2 and it is Relationships: Love Defined.

The video from this one is Jeff and Cheryl Scruggs who married, divorced, and later remarried. Their story was told in the first I Am Second book, plus many details were shared in the recent book about their daughter, Lauren--Still Lolo.

There were several topics available in this section, but the one I chose was Love Defined...based on 1 Corinthians 13:1-8. Many are familiar with this passage, but I like the way it was presented to me once---by personalizing it.

If Cindy speaks human or angelic languages
but do not have love, she is a sounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 

If Cindy has the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if Cindy has all faith
so that she can move mountains but does not have love, she is nothing. 

And if Cindy donates all her goods to feed the poor,
and if Cindy gives her body in order to boast but does not have love, she gains nothing.

Cindy is patient, Cindy is kind. Cindy does not envy, is not boastful, is not conceited, does not act improperly, is not selfish, is not provoked, and does not 
keep a record of wrongs. Cindy finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. Cindy bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Cindy's love never ends.

I wish those things were true of me, but I can not lay claim to even one. I fail daily, but Jesus will never fail when we depend on Him to be all we need. If you want a relationship to work, Jesus is first. When I think of the relationship I have with him I am second...and that is a wonderful thing!!
 
I greatly appreciate the free ebook I received to be a part of this launch campaign, and I recommend you check out the offers provided for this week.

No comments: