Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anything by Jennie Allen

In ANYTHING: The Prayer That Unlocked My God and My Soul, Jennie Allen writes about abandoning our pursuit of the comfortable things in life that make us happy, and choosing to be fully committed to living the life God wants us to live. Somewhere along the way we have chosen to believe that the white picket fence American dream of the 50s is a portrait of a good Christian life: we do what society deems proper, along with a token acknowledgment that God has blessed us.


Jennie Allen writes, “I believe that like every generation before us, we have an opportunity to see God move in our midst . . . to surrender in such a way that we would turn the head and heart of God. He waits for surrendered lives, and he finds them, he floods them. I want to be a part of that.”

 This is a well-written book that explores the fears, uncertainties, and joy of fully surrendering to God. Examples of her own life and the lives of others are liberally sprinkled in the pages to give this a personalized feel as though the reader is sharing thoughts, prayers, hopes, doubts, and dreams with a good friend. It not only gave me thoughts into my own life and my relationship with God, but inspired me to be more willing to step out in faith and fully trust God to lead me where He wants me to be and know that He is always there to catch me should I stumble along the way.   I received a copy of this book from Shelton Interactive. I was not required to give a good review and all opinions are my own.

No comments: