Monday, December 27, 2010

One Less...blog to write.

I have decided to close out the Cindy's World Blog (loved the look of it, but it just isn't as easy for me to navigate as the site I use for Cindy's Random Thoughts) However, I don't want to lose all I had written. So, they are being transferred here. So, since I seldom went there, here are the entries from Cindy's World:

1. Beyond The Farthest Star 


Posted by Cindy Navarro on July 29, 2010 at 2:26 AM

I just found out about this incredible new film! BEYOND THE FARTHEST STAR, from what I have read and seen, will change faith-based films forever! Here's the deal, the only way it will get into cinemas is for us believers to Demand It through their website. Make sure you also become a fan on their FB page! Let's make sure this film changes lives!

http://beyondthefartheststar.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-the-Farthest-Star/170290344732

2. Nothing To Say *sigh* 


Posted by Cindy Navarro on July 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Before I decided to create this, I always had stuff on my mind. Now, I apparently have 2 blogs and absolutely nothing to say. *deeper sigh*

I haven't decided yet how often I will try to update....or exactly what I will update on.

I am excited to see the fanbase grow for Beyond The Farthest Star! I have so much fun encouraging people to become fans!! The Game Of Life is still so special to me too! Not only is it the first group, I got so excited about, but I have grown to love so many of the people I have met through that site.

Isn't it odd how attached you can get to people you have never met? You know, this is bringing up an idea for something to write about!! Now....which blog do I want to write on? I guess I will wait until I throw my thoughts together a bit more coherently before I attempt to write.

Until.....later!

3. You Better Get Ready...I'm Coming Home!!! 



Posted by Cindy Navarro on August 8, 2010 at 5:01 PM

"You better get ready, I'm coming home!"  were the words I heard on the phone a few minutes ago from Cody!!   Next was, "I got money for my birthday, so I'll be buying my own stuff now!!   Wait!!  I want to buy a phone, but YOU can keep buying the rest of my stuff!!"
He is hilarious.

But it did trigger a few thoughts of my life. How often, when things are going good, do I want to tell God that I can handle it now? Just as quickly, I want to put those words right back in my mouth. I can have nothing nor do nothing without Him!! I learned that lesson the hard way.

While only God knows when I will be heading toward Heaven, I think of loved ones already there. My son...my parents...grandparents....at least 1 miscarried grandchild! I wonder who else is waiting on me? More important than those I knew and loved is my Savior!! I may not know the day or the hour, but I want to look toward Heaven and joyfully shout..............................................................

"YOU BETTER GET READY, I'M COMING HOME!!!"

** This was the original brief note I put on the blog. Later, the full note was posted on the website A GENTILE ANSWER on the Teachable Moments section. AGAMinistry is the blog of my friend, Kathy Lonsinger.
  (Sadly, I no longer do such drastic editing on my blog! LOL)

4. Sleeping Under The Stars 


Posted by Cindy Navarro on August 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM

The Perseid Meteor Showers are making their annual appearance. It has been years since I lived in an area where I could actually see anything, but I always try. Watching a starry night fascinates me almost as much as a thunderstorm. They both remind me of the magnificence and omnipotence of God.

Thursday night was supposed to be the best viewing night, but there was simply too much cloud cover. However, I did enjoy just sitting outside and communing with God. Last night, I made the decision that I would sit outside again. I had not had a very good day, and just really needed to pour out my heart to the One who loves me and understands.

After about 20 minutes, Caitlyn wandered out to see if I had seen a meteorite yet. I told her no, but that I was going to get a blanket and just lay outside for a while. Caitlyn decided to join me, and as we lay on the blanket talking, it began to get a bit chilly. I volunteered to go in for another blanket. When I returned, she excitedly exclaimed that she had seen 2 streak by!!  I am still happy for her.

We continued lying there, gazing at the skies and talking both of serious matters and total nonsense. The next thing I knew, I was waking up...and it was 4:30am. I may not have seen a meteorite, but I did add a treasured memory of time spent with my precious granddaughter. God is sooo good!!!


New Living Translation (©2007)
  "He made all the stars--the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the southern sky".~ Job 9:9

5. What Am I Thinking!!?? 


Posted by Cindy Navarro on November 22, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Okay...here it is past midnight, and I have spent way too much time trying to connect a blog I seldom even remember to use to everything else.

Why, you ask, do I need yet another place to share my thoughts? :/ I am equally as puzzled. Cindy's Random Thoughts is easier for me to navigate, but I just think Cindy's World looks cooler!!
Plus, I may decide to change them into 2 different type blogs. Or, one just may have to go. Who knows what the future holds?

Well, I know my future needs to hold sleep. I have a lot to do tomorrow, so I am hoping I just about have everything here connected. Or, if I don't, I hope it doesn't take too long to fix.  Anyway, one last glance at www.beyondthe fartheststar.com/ to see if anybody else has signed up to BRING IT to Cullman and then I am going to bed.


Good night & God bless!,
Cindy                                                         

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands." ~ Psalm 19: 1




6. Operation Christmas Child 


Posted by Cindy Navarro on December 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Yesterday I was given an opportunity that was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I, along with 42 other members of Crosshaven Baptist Church, served for 4 hours at the processing plant of Operation Christmas Child near Atlanta, Georgia. You cannot begin to imagine what an immense undertaking it is to gather all of these shoeboxes together to send around the world to children who may never receive another gift.
First we saw a brief film about the impact of this ministry, and the smiles on the faces of the children are humbling. It would bring a tear to the eye of the most hardened person. Next there is a short demonstration on the proper way to go through the boxes to prepare them to be shipped.This is just to give the volunteers an overview of the things they will do. Although I was one of those selected to take place in the demo, I actually did none of the jobs we were shown. More on that later.
First thing is to remove any money. Not only are the funds to be used for shipping, but a child could be put in danger from someone wanting that cash. So, even toy money is not advised as a gift. After money is placed in a safe location, the box is turned over to inspectors. These are the volunteers who sort through the box to remove any items that cannot be shipped. Liquids are banned, and after seeing a couple of examples where the liquids spilled, that is totally understandable. Any type toy or clothing that would remind one of war is also removed. Breakable items, food, used items....these are among those that cannot be left in the box. They are placed in separate containers and each item is replaced with an appropriate substitute.
 We had been told that while some items may seem odd, especially for a child, to leave them unless they were on the banned list. One story was one I found very poignant: In one box, someone had placed a hammer and chisel. The child who received that box immediately grabbed the tools and raced for home, absolutely overjoyed. His father had been offered a job....just as soon as he was able to get a hammer & chisel! What would seem like foolishness to us was God's provision for that family!!
The next person in line is the taper. I think that job description is rather self-explanatory. The taper then hands off to a person who packs it into a box labeled with the appropriate gender/age group. If a person has chosen to follow the contents of their box, it does pass through the hands of the person who has the scanner. This enables Samaritan's Purse to update the donor on which country their box went to, making this an even more personal experience.
A job that was not explained to us, but was the one I ended up doing, is called the runner. Those who know me know that not only do I not run, but due to a car accident 16 years ago, I even often have trouble walking. Less than 4 months ago, I walked unaided for a mile for the first time in 16 years and have tried to keep that up and add a little to it. One of the runners kept the bins of extra gifts filled (to replace the removed banned items.) For 4 hours, I walked back and forth, emptying trash cans and taking the banned items to their location.
As a side note, if the thought of these banned items going to waste has crossed your mind...nothing is wasted! There are other ministries that can accept these items to hand out to those in need. Volunteers also man this area to sort the banned items to be easily handed off to the appropriate charities. Something has to be completely inappropriate to be considered unusable.
Near the end of our shift, I sent a message to a good friend; "PRAY! I don't think I have the strength to get back on the bus!" I seriously wondered if I was going to have to live in Atlanta if I was unable to climb the steps aboard the bus. I just kept going while praying, "I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me."~Philippians 4:13.  I also would periodically remind myself that they do have volunteer jobs available for those who need to sit, but I just had to get keep going!
After 4 hours, I was exhausted, in great physical pain, and filthy.....but I was also so very blessed to have been a part of such a glorious ministry. The 2 times we stopped to pray, especially for a box that each person chose to cradle in their arms as though it were the actual child, truly strengthened me!!! So, if you are ever given the opportunity to help with the Shoebox Ministry....DO IT!!!!!
               www.facebook.com/OCCshoeboxes
______________________________________

(As noted at the beginning...Cindy's World is being closed.)
So, unless I change my mind again, I will stick to one blog. Y'all just be happy that (unbelievably)  I really DON'T post everything I am thinking! :)

1 comment:

Cindy Navarro said...

Sorry if all of this posted again, but I found TWO typos!! There was no way I could simply ignore them!! :)