Friday, August 13, 2010

August 13, 1994

On this date, a part of my life changed forever. I went from a fairly active life to one with limitations. That was the first day of a life of physical pain daily, of limitations in movement, and financial dependence. But I just realized today that another part of me was even more severely harmed.

I have spoken on how most of the damage to my body is healed. There are days when I barely limp even. I overcame my frustrations at having to abandon my plans for my future. I have gained many blessings over the years. However I have wasted 16 years of my life through depression. I can never regain those years, and I am having to deal with the consequences of those actions. To be more precise, those inactions.

I don't know how yet, but I do know that I want this to be used as a catalyst to help others. Since I have been revisiting the darker thoughts today, it seems more difficult, But perhaps I have settled down in this valley to reflect on where I have been, where I am now, and where I am going.

I have hopes and dreams that will never be realized. There are dreams I have now that I know will never come to fruition. But I do know that God has a plan for my life and I can trust Him. Now I just need to break off these shackles and rush off to face my future with joy. It will not be what I want....but I am sure it will be much better.

1 comment:

deliteinmee said...

Dear Cindy
I am sorry to hear about the traumatic experience you have had and praying for restoration of all the lost. As the bible said whatever many year’s locust has stolen from you will have to give back 7 times more. I also want to remind you God will give you the desires of your heart. Whatever plans you have has that you think you have to permanently abandoned may yet come to pass. Bible says my people will perish for lack of visions. Never loose them. Yes truth God has the best of plans for us all but few trust him blindly with no evidence to back it yet but fait. What I am interested is to know the events that took place before your pain? Ware you an abused child or molested? Ware you in a terrible relationship? Did anything happen? Like lose of a dear one or self dignity due to someone's evilness? All of those have happened to me. May the Lord bless you with grace to forgive those that hurt you? ! Love, Nazee