Thursday, November 24, 2016

To Joey, With Love DVD

To Joey, With Love is a documentary, based on home movies, of the final 2 and a half years of musician Joey Feek. Husband-and-wife singing duo Joey+Rory, 2010 Academy of Country Music New Vocal Duo winners, were in the midst of a whirlwind life when they did the unheard of for those who are experiencing extraordinary success. When Joey became pregnant, they decided to take a year off and simplify life for a year, living on their small farm. What started as Rory filming their lives and preparation for the birth of their child turned out to be an extended time when it was discovered later that Joey had cancer. The film follows the decision to take time off to the birth of their daughter Indiana, born with Down Syndrome, and continues through Joey’s struggle with and ultimate surrender to cancer—and is an intimate peek through the joy, despair, love, laughter, struggles, and hope as this family experiences a life they never planned. Narrated by Rory Feek, the DVD will be available on Dec. 20, 2016. You can pre-order it here: tojoeywithlove.com/buy


 
My Review: I seldom cry when watching movies, but this one did move me to tears several times, for varying reasons. To be honest, I hesitated when offered the chance to review the DVD since I knew so little about Joey+Rory. Of course, I had seen the stories trending and knew that Joey had passed away---I had even prayed for them frequently during her illness, but I don't think I had ever heard even 1 song by them until watching the DVD. Plus, knowing of her passing, I was not sure if this was something I would want to see.

I was wrong! Rather than a melancholy story of a life cut too short, this DVD is a celebration of life. Nothing is sugar-coated, but the viewer is drawn into the lives of these people in such a way that there are as many tears of joy as there are of sorrow. Watching them LIVE their lives rather than just accepting defeats and falling into despair is a true encouragement for others. Of course, their faith in God as their sustainer and hope is a message that shines through. I do recommend you see this for yourself and share it with others. In the midst of sorrow, there is also inspiration and hope for this life and beyond.

Website: ToJoeyWithLove.com
Buy DVD: ToJoeyWithLove.com/buy
Rory's Blog: thislifeilive.com
Facebook: To Joey With Love


Disclaimer: Thank you to Icon Media Group for sending me a link to watch this film! They also are offering a copy to one of my readers. Simply respond by Thursday, December 1, 2016 to be entered. USA residents only.

No comments: