Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas Lodge

Synopsis: 
Thomas Kinkade presents Christmas Lodge: a place where a heart-warming past and loving future meet for one remarkable group of people. During a weekend trip to the mountains, Mary (Erin Karpluk) finds herself at the now- dilapidated lodge where she spent the holidays with her family growing up. She becomes determined to restore the building to its former glory. Inspired by her grandfather and guided by her grandmother in heaven, Mary throws herself into the project, and during the process finds herself drawn to Jack (Michael Shanks), a handsome man who loves the lodge as much as she does. Historically unlucky in love, this chance encounter allows Mary to renew her faith in life and discover her one true love. For an uplifting story about the importance of faith, family and the true holiday spirit, go to the Christmas Lodge.
Let's get the negative out of the way first: I was not overly impressed with much of the acting. Some were better than others, but no one gave a performance that really stood out for me. Also, some of the storyline had holes in it. There were simply a few things that seemed implausible, but I confess that I may just be too nitpicky. It is a pleasant film, but I did not get drawn into what I found to be a predictable, cookie-cutter story.

The positive is that I am always happy to see a film that portrays faith in a natural, matter of fact way. Most of the people I know are Christians, and I am accustomed to faith being a normal part of life. There was no dramatic "big deal" made over simple things such as Mary & her boyfriend staying in separate rooms on a weekend getaway. Prayer, Bible reading, and using Jesus as an example is simply the way this family lives normally. The family relationships are also portrayed as close and loving. While it is a bit bland, it is a good story that you can comfortably watch with friends and family for a cozy night at home.

GIVEAWAY: Got the popcorn, hot chocolate, blankets...but now need a movie? All followers of this blog to be entered into random drawing to win a copy of Christmas Lodge to enjoy with your family and friends. Winner will be selected on Mon., November 7, 2011 at 9am (CT)

I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free from Propeller in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255:
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

2 comments:

Lori LC said...

This is going to be an awesome Christmas classic =)

Cindy Navarro said...

Sorry, I forgot to announce the winner yesterday. Congrats to Ani Glover!! Enjoy the dvd. :)