Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Night Of The Living Dead Christian

Night Of The Living Dead Christian by Matt Mikalatos is the story of Luther, a werewolf, who teams with Matt in a search to conquer the beast that is destroying himself and his marriage. Aided by a mad scientist, a robot, and a vampire, they battle zombies and Borut (the werewolf hunter) as Luther desperately seeks help. They set out to find help and to separate truth from myth. Can anyone become truly transformed? How?

This allegory of spiritual transformation had me laughing out loud and pondering the truth of what type monster I am battling within myself. Am I a mindless zombie that is only partially alive and following a code of morals rather than a growing relationship with Christ? Or, do I have a robotic tendency to put the facts over emotions? Is there a vampire or werewolf that breaks free? This is a book that goes over and beyond in providing food for thought and pure fun!! :)



Matt's Blog
Follow Matt on Twitter
Matt's Facebook Fanpage


Matt is also the author of Imaginary Jesus and has published articles in Discipleship Journal, The Wittenburg Door, Relief, and Coach's Midnight Diner. Matt and his wife live near Portland, Oregon. They have three beautiful daughters.

In compliance with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission: Tyndale House Publishers did provide me with a complimentary copy of this book. I was not required to give a positive review, and all opinions are my own.

4 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Hey, Cindy! Thanks for reviewing Night of the Living Dead Christian. I'm so happy you liked it!

Matt

Cindy Navarro said...

I have been telling everyone about it Matt!! Great book! I also had a chance to read Imaginary Jesus as a download. You have become one of my favorite authors now!! :)

Matt Mikalatos said...

Sweet! That is good news, indeed. :)

Lori LC said...

Sounds like a genre I wouldn't normally read, but am going to because your review makes it sound so intriguing ;)
LC